All films must be made in Inwood or by residents of the Inwood community
2018 Inwood Film Festival Categories
- Short films under 5 minutes about or made in Inwood and its surrounding community or made by an Inwood community filmmaker.
- Short films under 25 minutes about or made in Inwood and it surrounding community or made by an Inwood community filmmaker.
- Feature films about or made in Inwood or its surrounding community or made by an Inwood community filmmaker.
- Student films about or made by current students in/attending school in Inwood or its surrounding community or made by an Inwood community student filmmaker.
- Films must be about or made in Inwood or its surrounding community, or made by past or present residents of the Inwood community.
- Films must be the finished and complete final cut. No works-in-progress, trailers or teasers.
- Films must comply with all submission guidelines.
- Films that have had a public screening or exhibition elsewhere including film festivals in or outside of New York; or have been commercially broadcast, distributed or exhibited in theaters; or have been distributed on DVD, broadcast on TV; or through digital media (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) are eligible.
- Entrants can submit one short film and/or one feature film.
- Only one person (“film representative”) representing the film submitted shall be the point of contact for each film.
- Online submission via FilmFreeway.com requires a $15 submission fee.
The submission deadline for entries is January 15, 2018.
Filmmakers will be notified by February 14, 2018 if their film is selected. If you have not received any notification by March 1, 2018 please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an official notification.