Skip to content
All films will be either made in Inwood or its surrounding community (Washington Heights, Spuyten Duyvil, Kingsbridge, and Riverdale) or by current or past Inwood community filmmakers. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOUR FILM DOES MEET THESE CONDITIONS.
2024 Inwood Film Festival Categories
- Short Shorts — exhibition of films 5 minutes or less made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or filmed in the Inwood community.
- Long Shorts — exhibition of short films 25 minutes or less made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or filmed in the Inwood community.
- Feature films about or made in Inwood or its surrounding community or made by an Inwood community filmmaker.
- Student films about or made by current students in/attending school in Inwood or its surrounding community or made by an Inwood community student filmmaker.
- Web series made by people from Inwood and its surrounding community or filmed in the Inwood community.
Film Submission Guidelines
- All films must be made in Inwood or its surrounding community (Washington Heights, Spuyten Duyvil, Kingsbridge, and Riverdale) or made by past or present residents of the Inwood community.
- Films must be the finished and complete final cut. No works-in-progress, trailers or teasers.
- Films must comply with all submission guidelines.
- Films that have had a public screening or exhibition elsewhere including film festivals in or outside of New York; or have been commercially broadcast, distributed or exhibited in theaters; or have been distributed on DVD, broadcast on TV; or through digital media (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) are eligible.
Web Series Submission Guidelines
- Please only submit the pilot episode.
- A Web Series must have 3 or more episodes.
- Episodes must have a maximum length of 30 minutes per episode.
- Any genre is acceptable.
- All Film guidelines are applicable.
- Please note that Official Selections for Web Series will exhibit exclusively online via IFF+.
General Guidelines for all Submissions
- Entrants can submit one short film and/or one feature film and/or one web series.
- Only one person (“film representative”) representing the film or web series submitted shall be the point of contact for each film.
- Entrant(s) confirm(s) and warrant(s) required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
- Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
- All exhibition copies must be delivered at 1080p mp4 format or higher resolution.
- Submissions are open from October 1 to December 25 with a fee of $15 (or $5 for students).
- Late submissions (December 26, 2023, to January 15, 2024) require a fee of $30 ($5 for students).
- The final submission deadline for entries is January 15, 2024.
- Filmmakers will be notified by February 18, 2024 if their film is selected.
- If you have not received any notification by March 1 please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an official notification.